Sunday, October 19, 2014

My Recent Adventures with Creativity


I have a passion for all things creative, so I am naturally drawn to opportunities to bring creative opportunities to children.  I am celebrating my 16th year leading teams of children in creative problem solving through the Destination Imagination (DI) program.  If you haven't heard about DI before, you HAVE to check it out!  It is one of the best after school programs out there!





This year I am tackling another after school program that focuses on creativity.  I applied to pilot an Imagination Chapter through the Imagination Foundation, a program to foster creative play in children. Since I already run DI at Glengary Elementary, the school I teach third grade at, I decided to begin the Imagination Chapter at my son and daughter's school, Hornung Elementary, in Brighton, Michigan. So far we have had 2 meetings, and we are off to a great start.  To communicate all of the adventures, I have created a blog called " The Buzz on Creative Play."  (Hornung's mascot is a hornet, so thus the buzzing bee connection! )  I look forward to impacting the lives of around 33 students in grades 2-4 on a weekly basis, in addition to the 35 kids at Glengary Elementary through Destination Imagination.  2014-2015 is the Year of Imagination for me, and I am looking forward to the awesome adventures ahead!



**** For other adventures with creativity and innovation, check out my web page!


No comments:

Post a Comment